Skip to main content

Week 9/10

     This week we added the HTML5 link to the website just to test if this method would work, the file runs on other laptops and Android tablets as long as the device has downloaded and opened the file at least once so it can recognize the directory, but it does not work on ipads so we're going to use Jasmines tablet for the final presentation instead. 

    We might switch to the other method of unreal for web, Pixel streaming if we can get it running as AB's files are in UE5. So, Im trying to test and see if I can get pixel streaming running. First things first my laptop can't package UE5 projects, which seems to be a common bug a lot of users are getting. This issue can be fixed by installing Visual Studio then in the unreal project change the source code editor under editor preferences to the newset version of Visual Studio that you have, this should fix the issue.

this video can explain how to set up visual studio for Unreal in more depth. 

Once the packaging issue is fixed you can open the packaged project, go to project, samples, pixel streaming, web servers, then run the batch file called get_ps_servers.

This should run for a second then generate some new files. then you can open signaling web server, platform scripts, cmd and run run_local.batch. you'll know this was successful when you get four green lines showing the server channel info.
Keep this tab open, then go back to were the project.exe file is located and create a text document titled "run(project name here)", in the text document write the name of the exe file, then add the parameters 

-AudioMixer -PixelStreamingIP=localhost -PixelStreamingPort=8888

then save the text file as a batch file ".bat", Once you have the bat file, run it, this will open the unreal app, leave that running, then open your browser and type in "localhost:80". you should see something that prompts you to click to start, and then your unreal file will load in the browser. 

as of now, I haven't been able to test if this works with the website, however, it has a similar setup to the html5 method so it should run on any Windows device that has the file. 

for a more detailed explanation on how this was set up, here's the tutorial I followed 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 7/8

      The main issue we've been dealing with is connecting our Google map to a 3D view. The map does not have the same features as a Google Map as it is sort of an offshoot of Google Maps, so it has no navigation feature. additionally, the issue Jasmine has noticed is the lack of customization in the programming, she can't edit the code of the map in order to make the locations into buttons which can then be connected to the code for the 3D application.      Professor Diefenbach helped us find documentation for click events, by adding a listener to the map icons, so when an icon is clicked, there is a way to communicate that information to the 3D app. The event listen will execute code upon detecting a click, that can manipulate the 3D location, so in this instance, it will change the coordinates used in the "fly to" command. Documentation on click events here . The addition of this code requires an API key, which is explained here . since we are using the ...

Week 10/FINAL

       To finish up the 3D view I got AB's unreal file that has his Gaussian splats. in order for it to run I had to install the same version of UE5, the luma AI plug-in, as well as the Cesium for Unreal plugin. after I was able to open the file I tested the first-person controls. in the original file, the first-person character does not spawn so I duplicated the level and added a player start, then it spawned normally. then I enabled the pixel streaming plug-ins and updated the SDK driver to match the UE5.3 requirements.     N ext, I built touchscreen controls, under the miscellaneous tab when you right-click the unreal library there's a blueprint for the touchscreen, once I added that I used the basic joystick icons, this took a little bit of guesswork as you have to position icons based of off pixel coordinates, but both joysticks are roughly 135 x and - 135 y and vice versa so they sit in the bottom two corners of the screen. to make them functional you...

6/7

       Cesium is officially on the webpage! these are the new issues we are tackling: Cesium textures. right now the 3D map is grey, which isn't very helpful